Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Too much information...

As I stood at the pop machine this morning, I asked myself "To be good, or to be bad, that is the question." It was a question of choosing yummy Diet Dr. Pepper (which I have just begun to love) or choosing good old H2O. And only because today seems to be such a nice day did I choose to be good. And boy did I feel healthy as I drank my water.
However, in all honesty, if my choice had been between Diet CHERRY Dr. Pepper & water. You can forget about it. That yummy can of cherry-goodness would have won, hands down!


State Testing, oh how I despise thee! The kids are unhappy and restless. The teachers are stressed and panic-stricken. We prepare for this throughout the entire year and yet, it seems to sneak up on us. I will give the reading test on Tuesday & Wednesday of next week. This week is math, science, & social studies. I really confident in my students; I think they will do well this year. But no matter how much they know, the nervousness continues.


This is a paper that I graded yesterday. The students took their quiz, we went over the correct answers, and then I graded them myself. This is a student's writing on their own paper; if you can't read the writing, it says "Disappointed". This cracked me up. Usually they just write their grade, it is very seldom that I get to see their feelings towards that grade also. =)


We went to see the Hannah Montana movie this weekend. The girls & I had a great time and enjoyed the movie. We ate lunch at Zio's, Rylee ordered "adult noodles" (aka Fettuccine). Rylee was also quite amazed at the movie theater. It was adorable to watch her looking around at all the big movie posters and signs. She was entertained with each preview and by the fact that the movie was projected and you could see the projector if you looked behind you. It was fun to see the day through a child's eyes. And the movie was super cute also.











The little girls & I also spent some time outside enjoying the weather this weekend at Nana & Papa's. We played on the swing set, pet the chickens, tried to catch minnows, and threw rocks in the pond. It was a lazy and wonderful afternoon!











My favorite quotes of the week are:

"If you got all the answers right....then...give your brain a kiss" -Mrs. Carter
"A french kiss?" -Student

"You have bad bedtime etiquette." -Kevin (when I turned the light on after he had fallen asleep)

"When you are sad at night, and you sing in your bed...People can hear you!" -SNL

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Looks like you are having a good week, except for testing of course! We are FINISHED! YEAH! I posted cute pics of Clancy... have you seen them???