We are trying to plan a vacation for July. Kevin will have a month off of paramedic school and he is going to take a week or so off of work. We are currently leaning towards Disney World. Two of our close 'couple friends' have both told us that we really need to go to Disney at least once before we have kids of our own. They have all been to Disney and all have kids so we are taking their advice. Hopefully. I also talked with Kevin's grandpa Curtis today, and he gave me a very detailed description of some of his favorite Disney highlights.=) Kevin is a lot like Grandpa Curt, so that's another plus.
Today I am yearning to cook a 'yummy-goodness' meal. Everything I have made lately has been quick & simple. I need to re-acquaint myself with the kitchen. I think it misses me almost as much as I miss it.
State Testing starts next week. It needs to get here and then go away. I am ready to see how my students are going to do, however I am also excited for it to be over and done. Today we were playing some test-prep games and I divided the kids into groups. They each got to choose their team names, here are a few of my favorites:
Hope-Dogs
The Adams Family
Stewie-nites
Aquanauts
Team Extreme
Vampire Warriors
When I called the group names, it was difficult not to laugh at a few of these. Hope-Dogs & Vampire Warriors are tied for my favorites. The kids were so genuine and excited about the names they chose, it was very cute.
Only two days until the Hannah Montana Movie Extravaganza! Hannah has been providing a daily countdown via text messages. Today's message came at about 6:15am, which tells me that the first thing she thinks when she wakes up is 'Hannah Montana!!!'. I really can't blame her, it's a pretty exciting ordeal.
No comments:
Post a Comment