At approximately 2:15 today, a cloud of stress and worry lifted off of our school and dissipated into oblivion. (Or a least that is how it felt to me) That is when my last student finished the last test of the year. After that, I felt like a kid on the first day of summer vacation; I laughed and joked with the kids more that I have in a long time. I actually danced on the playground (which isn't all that unusual for me). *sigh*
This was a little pre-testing confidence booster activity that we did in class. The tree says "The Things We Know" and the kids made leaves with terms that they know well. It was fun and I think it turned out really cute. They were also impressed with all the vocabulary that they knew by heart.
This week is known as "Cara Embarrasses Herself '09". So far there are three reasons for that. And at the rate I'm going, I anticipate many more:
1. Sat in chocolate (as mentioned in earlier post)
2. Took a shower, got hair wet but forgot shampoo, didn't realize it until noon. Hair was pretty embarrassing by the end of the day.
3. Went to gym, got on Elliptical, started reading, was running for a good 5 minutes, only then did I realize I still had my sunglasses on, therefore I looked like one of the people who try to act cool and wear their sunglasses indoors. However I'm certain, I was very uncool.
Loving this weather. Might even get a little tan, or at least a slight burn.
Favorite Quote of the week: "Our philanthropy is children. Because we believe that children are the future, and they’re also small, and can’t reach things like light switches and microwaves." -Joey
No comments:
Post a Comment