Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Banana Bana Bo Bana

Two exciting things happened at our house today (well, we think they are exciting):

1. Harper ate bananas for the first time.

2. I got to use my Baby Bullet

Until now, Harper's only "solid" food has been rice cereal; so this was her first fruit. And she loved it! And I was thrilled to finally use the Baby Bullet that I got for Mother's Day (thanks Mom!). The only thing I didn't like about the new food processor is that I get all hyped up and prepared to puree and then it only takes about 3 seconds. I made way too much food, just so I could enjoy the blending bliss for a bit longer. 



Box o' Fun!



It started out like this


3 seconds later, it looked like this


and a few minutes after that, it looked like this







Harper is a good eater; especially since she has only been eating for less than two weeks. She likes her food and she really likes her high chair too! She will just sit there patiently while I get her food ready and then again when I clean her up. She especially likes when I roll her around in the highchair =)





But for some reason, she thinks that when food goes in her mouth, her hands should also go in her mouth. 


Maybe she is trying to 'push' it down her throat?


Whatever her reasoning, she makes sure and gets the food from her mouth, to her hands, to the highchair, back to her forehead, on her diaper, and of course, can't forget about mama's camera. 


And she thinks it's pretty funny. 





Now you can see why 2:00 is my favorite time of day. 





~