We went to see Dr. Christy on Monday. My BP was still high. She wanted to do a stress test on the baby, and we did. Harper passed with an A+ (good heart beat, etc). However, we will keep doing that test each week and if Harper is starting to be effected by my blood pressure, we will induce. Also, (cover your eyes boys) I was dialated to 2 centimeters. So basically, she could could be here earlier than we thought.
The doctor said that if my BP is higher next week, if I have protein in my urine (again, sorry boys), OR if Harper doesn't seem to be doing as good, she will induce. So of course, the planner than I am, says "Will you let us go home and get our bags and then go to the hospital or will we have to go straight from here?". To which she replied "Start bringing your bags with you."
That slightly totally freaked us out!
I told her about the contest we have going, seeing who can guess her delivery date. My guess was two days AFTER her due date and so I said that it sounds like I probably won't win. She laughed and said "Yeah, you'll be lucky to make it two weeks." She doesn't mess around, that's for sure!
Our next appointment is next Wednesday at 3:00. I don't expect anything to change, but I am getting prepared just in case.
Also, we did our hospital tour at St. Francis on Tuesday. We saw the type of room we'll deliver in, the nursery, and the room we'll stay in after we deliver. Here are some things we learned:
- Labor & Delivery is on the 2nd floor
- There can only be 4 people in the L&D room, until I go into labor, then there can only be 2
- You cannot eat in the L&D room (Kevin wasn't thrilled)
- Harper will have a bracelet on that sets off an alarm if you try and take her near an elevator, so don't get any ideas
- The bed Kevin has to sleep on looks miserable, so feel sorry for him.
- The hospital is under construction, so people might get confused.
- They have a sits bath (spelling?) available for new moms. Kevin was totally weirded out by that.
- The babies in the nursery were tiny! TINY!
~
1 comment:
Rules I can follow!!!!!
Post a Comment