Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wisdom (from 7 year-olds)

This weekend, I was in the storage shed looking for a few things. As I was digging, I came across old journals and photos. Needless to say, I got a little side-tracked. But I found some great stuff and I want to share one of my finds with you.

When I was a camp counselor in Colorado the summer after my freshman year of college, I wrote down everything. Here are a few quotes from my cabin of seven year old girls:

"When your heart feels good, that is Jesus being happy in your heart &
when your heart feels bad, that is Jesus being sad in your heart."

"I can't wait to grow up and get married, because I like boys now."

"I accepted Jesus into my heart because Cara's snoring scared me so much.
It sounded like a mysterious beast."

"God told Abraham Lincoln to sacrifice his son Isaac."

"My favorite thing to do in the whole world is to love my parents."

"When you have surgery, can the doctors get a really, really big microscope
and see your secrets?"


I had forgotten about these and it was nice to be reminded of how simple God's love is. Sometimes it takes the smallest and weakest among us to show us the truth.



*correction: I don't snore.

~

No comments: