Friday, February 19, 2010

Books to Movies

You know I love 'em. Books turning into movies are major events in my life.


The only problem lately is that I'll see the movie trailer and then decide to read the book really quickly before the movie comes out. Then I try to act like an expert on the book: "Oh yeah, I've been waiting years for this film."

Pathetic? Maybe. Honest? Yes.



Diary of a Wimpy Kid
by Jeff Kinney




These books are HUGE in elementary school. My kids have gone nuts over them for the past two years. I've been meaning to read them for awhile (I have a lot of uncompleted intentions, don't I?).


Movie Date: March 19th



Prediction: Hilarious (I can hardly read the books out loud to my students because I am laughing the entire time)


The Last Song
by Nicholas Sparks

Ok, this really is pathetic. So I heard that Miley Cyrus had a new movie coming out. Of course. you know me and Miley go way back, so I can't wait. Then I find out that it's based on a Nicholas Sparks novel. Well, to put it nicely, Nicholas and I do not have as strong of a relationship as Miley and I do. He makes me cry.

Bawl.
Like a baby.
With an unhealthy amount of Kleenex.

In the past, I promised myself (for my emotional well-being) that I would not read any more of his novels. Well lately, I have been breaking my promise. When the Miley connection came up, what was I to do?

In the end, my love of Miley overruled my fear of Nicholas. I have succumbed to reading The Last Song. Three chapters in and I am loving it, and predicting tons of water-works.

Movie Date: End of March (31ish)
Prediction: Miley-Magnificent




No comments: