I had a great 25th birthday this past week. Nothing like a birthday to make you notice your loved ones. And I have some very loved loved ones.
My parents and brother, Joey, surprised me at school early Tuesday morning. They brought cupcakes for myself and all of my students. I have 64 students! My mom talked with my homeroom about what I was like as a 5th grader. She bought us books that were my favorite as a kid and she brought pictures of me in the 5th grade. It was very sweet (and only a little embarrassing, you'll see the pictures). It was awesome! I love it when my family shines like that, and everyone was so impressed.
I mean really, over 65 cupcakes! Nothing says 'Happy Birthday' like that many cupcakes.
Well, there might not be anything that says 'Happy Birthday' like loads of cupcakes, but there is definitely not anything that makes you feel as good about yourself as seeing how big of a nerd you used to be and then knowing (or hoping) that you aren't that nerdy anymore. Thanks Mom!
I also had a very sweet student who made my day. She "made" me a cake and wrote a poem for me. It was just precious.
Melts my heart.
I appreciated all of the cards, texts and calls. Everyone was very sweet.
I am very blessed. Not to brag or anything, but when you know it, you just know it. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment