Thursday, March 19, 2009

Steel Magnolias

So, as it has been a topic of discussion lately, I had not seen the movie Steel Magnolias. When I let this crucial information slip, I received many reactions along the lines of:


"What! You're kidding?"
"On my gosh! I can't believe this!"
"Oh Shelby!"
"How has this happened?"
.

Obviously, I finally rented it and spent the last few hours soaking it all in. It was great! And now I feel that I owe it, not only to Truvy, but also to my friends who have been so concerned about my well-being during this time, to give my full take of the movie. So here it goes.....


1. Guns, bows, & arrows on a wedding day...could this film have been based off my family?

2. Some days, after 8 hours of 5th graders, I feel like Ouiser.

3. Seriously, why didn't I think of an armadillo cake?

4. No matter how cute her character may have been, Daryl Hannah should not have been allowed to wear those glasses.

5. "If you can't say anything nice about anybody, come sit by me." could quite possibly be my favorite quote ever!


Loved it, loved it, loved it!



2 comments:

Bridget said...

YEAH Cara! I am soooo glad that you finally watched it! Isn't it the best... we might have to watch it together next time we are together.

CRL said...

Absolutely we will!