Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Reading Program

At the beginning of June, Rylee enrolled in the summer reading program at the library. When we went, they told us that Avery could enroll also, as long as someone read to her, so we thought that was a good idea. (I think that their favorite thing about it was the outdoor drop-off slot at the library. When we visited, we would drop off the old books outside and then go inside to get more. What can I say, we are easy to please)

Well the girls have been reading away and this week they finished the program. Rylee read 20 books and also read some to her sister.

Here are the girls with their medals.



After we left the library, we went to Tastee Freeze to celebrate!



Way to go Girls!!




*I would just like to note that as a reading teacher, I honestly do things other than make kids read. This is just a coincidence. =)

No comments: