Saturday, July 20, 2013

Woolaroc

A few weekends back, we took Harper and her great grandpa Curtis to Woolaroc. If you are from Northeastern Oklahoma, this needs no explanation. If you are not, Woolaroc was the 'weekend home' of Frank Phillips (Phillips 66) and it is now a wildlife preserve, museum, petting zoo, etc.




Harper enjoyed spotting animals out the window and kept asking "Which one my favorite?". We are trying to help her to think on her own but for some reason that day she really wanted us to pick her favorite for her. 
I think in the end, the deer were her favorite (just like her dad).


She was really thrown for a loop when Kevin told her that Kermit the Frog lived in the lilypads on this pond. She couldn't understand why she couldn't see him. It really was toddler-torture. 




Harper and her great grandpa

{I've said it before, I'll say it again: I am so happy that Harper is blessed to have her GREAT grandparents. I wasn't as lucky and they really are a blessing in our lives}



This little exhibit in the museum comes to life with a dance and drumming sounds and Harper spent most of her time here. She even joined in on the dancing. I love how, as a kid, she isn't worried about what others think and she just does what comes naturally.

I mean come on, who doesn't want to dance anytime they hear native tribal drumming?



Seriously?!? She's killin' me with that little sly grin. 




Lots of animals to see and pet: rabbits, cows, a miniature horse she really didn't like, and goats!




Talk about a sly grin....Kevin discovered that if he wiggled that gate latch, all the goats in one section would think someone was coming in to feed them. They were on high alert. He is cruel. 


And most importanly:

Harper met Llama Llama! {her favorite book character} 

He didn't have much to say though. Actually from the look of this picture, he's kind of a snob. 

But she didn't notice; she was a little starstruck.