Friday, July 26, 2013

Wedding Season

Well since my niece Ashleigh moved her wedding from the end of September to TWO WEEKS FROM NOW, I guess I better hurry up and share her shower pictures before the entire wedding is over.

Can you tell that I think she is crazy for moving her wedding? 

The planner, organizer, control-freak, perfectionist in me would be going crazy if I were her. But she is as cool as a cucumber and I am baffled. But hey, we need more laid back people like her in this world. 

And they actually have a really good reason for moving the wedding: Ryan, who enlisted in the Air Force this year, will be stationed in England (about 70 miles from London) in November. And in order for Ashleigh's passports and paperwork to clear prior to that, she needs to have her name change complete as soon as possible. So she really isn't crazy. {Maybe I'm the one who you could label crazy}

So the wedding is quickly approaching, Harper's flower girl dress was quickly purchased, my parents are currently trying to figure out how to plant 6 ft tall trees in 2.5 gallon buckets, and I am having dreams of Ashleigh making her bridal party walk down a half mile long aisle "for suspense and drama".

The shower however was much less exciting. It did storm that day, but it was actually perfect because it was a shower themed shower. So the rain actually helped set the mood.




This picture was my inspiration for the "shower" theme & I used it for the invitations as well. 



We played a game that was played at one of our wedding showers. Ryan had answered a series of questions for me and then Ash was asked the same questions. If she answered differently than Ryan, she had to put a piece of bubble gum in her mouth. She actually did pretty good, but by the end of the game, the bubble gum was just too much to handle. She couldn't even speak to answer any more questions and out of sympathy I quit handing her more bubble gum. 

Completely embarrassing the guest of honor is what it's all about, right? 


The maid of honor, my younger niece Hannah, and their new cousin Quinn. 

Ashleigh's gift from Harper: a jumbo cat eraser. A necessity for every young couple.



Now Ashleigh and a lot of ladies.....

Her younger sis...this is the only shot of Ashleigh not pestering Hannah. Some things never change. 

My mom, Ashleigh's Nana


Ash's other grandmother, Connie


Bridesmaids

There were lots of other family and friends present and I know Ashleigh was grateful that each of them came to support her. 



Now enough about showers, we've got a wedding to throw together! And thankfully, Ashleigh has this attitude (and I quote)...
"NOTHING will be fancy". 

She's sure making this transition from Miss to Mrs quite interesting.