Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reader

I've said before how much Harper likes to read. She really loves books, I am not just saying that because I am a teacher and I badly want our children to be readers. She really does. They are her preferred "toy". She carries them all over the house and we have to stop what we are doing (all the time) so we can sit down and read one. And then read it again. And then a third time. 

I read somewhere that you should have books available to your kids wherever they are. Not just in one place in the house. I took that advice to heart. Not only do we have books in the diaper bag, my purse, and the car, we have them.....


In the living room...



In the playroom....




Again, in the playroom....



And in her room.




But is that enough for Harper? Nope. She would also like them to be


on the ottoman....


In the kitchen....




And in the hallway.....


And after I put my camera down, I found two more in our closet, and one in the laundry room. 

So you know the verse "Where ever thou goest, I will follow"? It's a beautiful verse. I love it. 

However at our house, it is "Where ever Harper goest, books will follow". 


And here she is, transporting another book across the house. 

"Oh hey! There's a book on the floor."





~