Monday, June 20, 2011

Domo Arigato

Last week, we met Uncle Joey for some long awaited sushi. During my pregnancy, Joey reminded me about every week that I couldn't eat sushi and constantly told me about the great new sushi place he had found. My craving had reached an all time high by this past week!


Harper was a little confused about that type of food we were eating, she wore her Irish outfit instead of her Japanese outfit.




Even though I was excited, it didn't make the eating of the sushi any easier. Imagine holding a wiggly baby, using chopsticks, dipping in soy sauce, and actually getting the food to your mouth. I didn't know I would be so challenged.

Wanna know what else I DID NOT do? I did NOT drip soy sauce on my daughters head, I did NOT ditch the chopsticks and shove the sushi rolls in my mouth with my hands, and I certainly did NOT drop a crunchy California roll in the diaper bag, dig it out, and eat it anyway.


Even though I may or may not have been an embarrassment to my husband and my brother, we had the best time. We felt young and social again (being new parents makes you feel very UN young & social).

And I don't think anyone noticed the soy sauce stains on Harper's dress or diaper bag.



~

No comments: