Today was my first day back at work. I was not quite what we would call "excited" about it. However, it was a great day. I was glad to see all of my friends and the kids actually behaved pretty well. (cross our fingers that it lasts)
Harper also had a great day. To start it off, she slept through the night again last night. I actually had to wake her up this morning to feed her. She spent the day with my mom and dad and they say that she was great. She took a 2 and half hour nap this morning and took her bottle (which she isn't used to) well. She also visited her daddy at the fire station this afternoon. She was content to sit on his lap and listen to her 'uncles' tell fire stories.
My dad had one of his famous "encouragement talks" (aka lectures) with her. See, she hasn't had many dirty diapers this week. Like ONE in the past 48 hours. She usually has about 4 per day. This really concerned him. So he proceeded to give her a talk about the importance of pooping and why she needed to so badly. Apparently, it worked. Because at about 6:00pm this evening, steam was rising from her diaper.
Recently, she discovered her hands. She will sometimes look at them as they're moving and she makes a face like "Am I doing that?". Today, it seems that she discovered her tongue also. It's been moving all around all day. She wiggles it in her mouth and sticks it out, she licks her lips and tries to imitate you if you stick your tongue out at her. It's pretty entertaining!
Although we both had a good day, I am thankful that it's just a few days until summer! I missed her!
~
No comments:
Post a Comment