We are just two days away from Harper's arrival!
Kevin said last night
"It's like every Christmas, birthday, and vacation from your entire life is on the same day and you are waiting for that day."That just about sums it up. We keep saying things like
"This time next week...."and
"You might as well eat that (insert unhealthy food here) now, cause you won't be able to in a few days"
A few stretch marks popped up in the past week. All this time, I had been safe and stretch mark free and then in last two weeks, they had to come on out and play. They came out of no where! And I am just hoping my skin can hold out for a few more days. Because they may pop up in no time, but they sure won't go away in 'no time.'
I will say that if Harper had more than a few hours left in there, she would run completly out of room. It's a tight squeeze now, I can't imagine if she had to wait 10 more days to her actual due date. I've decided that she realizes that one day she will be grounded for something, or get a spanking, and so she is getting me back now. She's trying to cause as much pain as she can while she's still tiny and cute so that she'll have her revenge out of the way. It's amazing how someone so small and tiny can push so hard and cause so much discomfort.
Kevin is keeping himself busy during these last few days. He has moved our fence, built new gates, re-wired the dogs perimiter wire; he's just a workin' man! I guess, since I am not contributing at all, he feels like he needs to work twice as hard to make up for my slack.
I will say, as positive as I am trying to be, I am thrilled to be off of bed rest in a few days. I know I will have a baby to take care of, and won't be getting enough sleep, but it will be so nice to go outside without getting in trouble, and go to the bathroom without justifing how bad I need to go, and to drive, and to be on my feet for more than 3 minutes. Wouldn't you know that the most comfortable position for me right now, is standing?
Just a few more days, and I will be free. Oh yeah, and our lives will change drastically! =)
1 comment:
I have been thinking about you all weekend. I can't wait to meet Harper.
Post a Comment