Thursday, March 3, 2011

5 days....

We have an end in sight. Or should I say a beginning in sight?

Next Tuesday, we will be inducing Harper. Kevin & I are suppose to be at St. Francis at 8:00am and the process will (slowly, I'm sure) begin.

Although there is really no way of knowing how long it will take, our nurse, Andy, told us that expecting her between 3:00 and 5:00pm would be realistic. But we'll see

For now, I have been put on blood pressure medicine and even stricter bed rest (I thought I had it bad, Kevin is a full fledged bed rest nazi now!). I'm also starting to feel contractions. I wasn't sure what they were at first because they were so minor. But when they did Harper's stress test yesterday, it also measures contractions and it confirmed that I was in fact having contractions. But when I say minor, I mean it, they are very small contractions, and very sporadic.

Harper is still doing well. Her heartbeat was strong and the ultrasound checked out good. She was curled up and we could hardly tell what was what. She's running out of room in there; she was just a big ball o' baby.

So her birthday could be March 8th or 9th. I think those are good days, not too close to a holiday, not too close to a relative's birthday, decent weather that time of year, pretty birthstone, good time for birthday parties.

For now, I am going to try and not go stir crazy waiting. And as many mothers have warned me, I am going to try and enjoy my last days of rest for a while.



~

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Awe! Can't wait to meet baby Harper! She is going to be one LOVED little girl. Take care of yourself until then and REST UP! In a couple of weeks you will be begging for rest!