Monday, June 22, 2009

OMJ

The weekend in Dallas was a blast! All the planning and anticipation paid off, big time.

We planned to leave Friday morning at 7:00. I couldn't sleep the night before and woke up at 4:00 Friday morning. Mom couldn't sleep either and woke up at 5:00 and just decided to go ahead and get up. When she come out of her room, both Ashleigh and Hannah were awake watching tv. They had both gotten up at 4:00am!! Ashleigh had less than two hours of sleep that night. We could have left at 5:30 for all we knew!




We made it to Dallas without any trouble and spent the day shopping in Frisco. We spent most of our time at IKEA and Sam Moon. Ashleigh spent most of her money at IKEA; she has a new apartment in Stillwater that she is planning for. And Hannah, of course, had the most fun at Sam Moon. (it is a jewelry/purse mega-store that had to have been designed with her in mind)


After shopping, we went to Jim & Jackie's house in Plano. We were so thankful for letting us stay with them; they are greats hosts!

The next day we left for Arlington around 3:00.

When we turned on the highway and saw the new Cowboys Stadium for the first time, my blood pressure spiked a little. When we came into clear view of the stadium and we saw the Jonas tour bus, my blood pressure rose even higher to quite an unhealthy level. It was as if all the planning and excitement for this day all boiled up at once and spilled over.

The girls were hungry and thirsty and so we needed to make a few stops before we parked at the stadium. How they could even think about food and soda at a time like this was beyond me! But, reluctantly I stopped at Arby's and we ordered dinner. However I made them get it to-go, so we could eat as fast as possible in the car. I also made Hannah use the men's restroom because there was no time to waste waiting in line. (no worries, it was a single stall bathroom) Keep in mind, that we are about three and a half hours early; there is absolutely no hurry at all. But in my mind, the sooner we got to that stadium the better. Once we were in the car, I could not even eat because I was so excited. Literally I think I would have thrown up if I had eaten.





Once we parked, we walked around a bit taking in the sites and then we found our correct doors and got in line. We only waiting in line for about 25 minutes and found our seats with only a few U-turns.



During the next hour and a half before the show started, we admired the new stadium, analyzed how hard it would be to be famous, laughed at the cute little girls dancing in front of us, tried to have our text messages posted on the jumbo-tron, visited the merchandise table & turned around as soon as we saw the lines, and anxiously hoped that Miley Cyrus would do a guest appearance.

This was my favorite part: they were two huge screens that wrapped around the building. I was mesmerized!






We made signs that morning and we were planning on holding them up at the show, but the excitement got to us and we neglected them in the end. Oh well, I'll display them for you now.













Finally, at 7:00, the show started with a band called Honor Society and Jordin Sparks (from American Idol). We enjoyed this but we were anxious for the JoBros. Their show started at 8:45 and Hannah & I didn't calm down until well after 10:30. It was great!









The biggest suprise of the night was awesome! I had hoped all weekend that Miley Cyrus might do a suprise appearance because she has a duet on the Jonas Brothers new album. I thought maybe because this was the first concert of the tour that it just might happen. Well the JoBros played their last song and said goodnight. The crowd kept cheering and screaming and we were expecting them to do an encore. However, I was totally shocked to hear Miley's voice and that is the point that I had a miniature panic-attack. For real, I have never acted like that before. I was screaming and trying to get my camera working and my mom says that I just kept saying "It's Miley, It's Miley"....It was hilarious! And we laughed about it all night. I am laughing now, just thinking about it.





Overall, we were very impressed and we had a great time. We have decided that if the Jonas Brothers have a 2010 tour, we are going again. And if we could have THAT much fun from the seats we had, then we can only imagine how much fun we could have from the front. So we are going to splurge and do it right next time! I, however, am not sure if I will survive being that close to so many Disney stars. The close proximity might just send me into cardiac arrest!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

You CRACK ME UP! I can totally hear your voice saying EVERY word in that post. I am so going with your family next time and yes, I just invited myself! If we are together we might really have a panic attack though! It sure would be fun!

CRL said...

Oh you are SO invited!