Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2 years

Yesterday was our 2nd anniversary. Two years ago yesterday we were praying that it wouldn't rain, stressing over what might get wet, which dresses or tuxes might not fit, what might melt, and who might cause drama. But Oh! What a memorable day it was!



However, today marks the day that I remember most. The day after the wedding might have been the best day of my life.
The stress was over, there was nothing to worry about and we were headed to a beach in Mexico. It was like all the stress, worry, and exhaustion wore off and all that was left was joy. We woke up in a gorgeous room in downtown Tulsa, took our time getting coffee & buying books for the flight, and even retrieving our forgotten passports (my fault). Our flight and connections were smooth sailing. Once we landed in Mexico we had the adventure of renting a car in a foreign country (quite exciting) and driving down an unlit Mexican highway and finally arriving at our beautiful (and well-lit) resort. It was bliss.



Kevin & I are using the Disney trip to celebrate our anniversary, even though it is next month. However, as always, Kevin broke the rules and bought me a gift. I was actually quite impressed with his creativity. He bought a 'Disney' scrapbook so that I could document our anniversary trip. It is very cute and has all sorts of stickers and decoration pieces. I am very excited to finish it after our trip.



This might be my favorite part: He couldn't use any of our wrapping paper because I would find out what he was doing. So he used magazines from work and made his own paper. It's actually very cool. He was very proud of it. I think he liked the box more than the gift.



My thoughts for today: Our first year of marriage was really good. However this past year was even better. And I am predicting that our third year will top the others.

No comments: