Earlier this summer, after making the leap to stay at home instead of working, I got an itching to teach something. Well, it just so happens I have a pretty smart toddler running around here who was in need of some learning.
I compiled all my little activities and manipulatives, and we got to work!
We started with colors, and here is a glimpse of what we did.
Color sorting
We put together a color notebook, with poems and stickers.
More specific color sorting
When green was the color of the day, she got to wear a 'bracelet' around to remind her to tell people about the color green.
For Red Day, she added a red bow and red ladybug wings to her outfit.
She painted on Blue Day
Orange was my favorite {of course}
We went on an 'orange hunt' and she found all the things in our house that were orange. Then we took pictures of them so she can tell others about what she found.
~
She is much better at identifying colors now, and she loved her "wearning time" each day. After baby sister gets here and we settle into our new routine, I think we might tackle shapes, numbers, senses, letters, animals......the list goes on and on.
Poor kid, it's probably going to get old having a former teacher as a mom.













