Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fair Fun

We spent an afternoon at the Tulsa State Fair a few weeks ago. Harper loved looking at the show animals, especially the pigs. And I loved showing them to her...not meaning to brag or anything but I WAS a pretty good pig showman in my youth {if I do say so myself}. 

Don't ask anyone else about that though, just take my word. 




She also got to look at the brand new baby goats in the petting zoo. Kevin, who claims he wants to raise goats, enjoyed it just as much as Harper. 



So, this year, I decided {after much pushing from Kevin} to enter some photos in the fair's photography competition. I've always wanted to and I am happy that I finally did. But much to my surprise, I actually placed 3rd with one of my photos. In the "Amateur, Color, Agriculture" category to be exact. It may seem a little silly, but it was pretty exciting to us. 

Here is the photo that placed.....


Kevin & Harper checking out one of my other photos; Harper thought it was pretty cool to see herself in the display cases!



I wanted so badly to take Harper into the butterfly house again this year. "I just know she'll love it", I kept saying. Here is the senerio I pictured in my mind.....

Engaging her curiosity with these amazing little wonders, so that one day in the future she would look back and thank her parents for letting her experience God's greatest creatures. 



Here is the reality......me trying to get those stinkin' lazy bugs to eat that crap on the q-tip while Harper rammed her head into the netting and obsessed over how many chairs were inside the tent. 




You see, in that first picture, I'm actually trying to keep her from eating one of the butterflies. 


So much for 'Mother of the Year'!



~