Have a glimpse into my life.
Today I.....
repaired the velcro on a no laces tennis shoe, while the child wore the shoe, while the shoe balanced on my knee, while I balanced on the wall. It was very stubborn velcro.
provided not one, but two, handwriting samples for my students to compare to the note left by 'The Desk Fairy' in order to prove that I am NOT the desk fairy. Because as I informed them, if I were the desk fairy, I would look more like Tinkerbell, only to be told that I look just like Tinkerbell.
snapped a very difficult button on a size 8 pair of little girls jeans(every time she returned from the bathroom).
convinced a student that my first name isn't "Mrs. Lawson".
washed spilled orange juice out of a pink back pack.... and the locker that it dripped out of.
explained that although the word "poot" does in fact have the long double O sound, it's probably not a word we should write on the board.
I love my job.
Hold on, the day isn't over yet. After that I.....
let a baby lick my face, because that's what she does now when I eat.
held a baby down on the floor with both legs and one hand, while wiping with the other hand, and holding a (clean) diaper in my mouth.
loudly exclaimed "You are ze greatest crawler in the ze in world. All other babies vant to be you" in a German accent, because it made a certain baby laugh repeatedly.
rescued a baby from a pile of wii controllers and guitar hero guitars that she managed to pull out of a basket on top of herself.
picked baby cookies out of a babies hair, all while she looked around confused at where they disappeared to.
I love my crazy, wiggly, lil stinker.
That's my life. Exciting, I know ;)
~