Monday, April 11, 2011

Naptime

When Harper sleeps (or is content by herself), I spring into action. I run to the washer and start a load of clothes, scramble around the house picking up, scour the refrigerator for a quick meal, or when I'm lucky, jump in the shower praying she doesn't wake up.

I just never know when she's going to be needy or want to be held. And before I learned to use my time so wisely, there were many days when the only things I accomplished were changing dirty diapers, rocking, feeding, bathing, or entertaining the baby. Now, I am learning to get my 'chores' done early so that I can take care of her without a nagging in the back of my mind, telling me how dirty my house is or how full the hampers are.

On very special days, I find time to have some fun also. Granted, my projects take a bit longer to complete, but I enjoy my time nonetheless. Here are two I finished recently:



I've said before that nothing in our house is safe from rosettes. I just can't seem to stop myself.



Harper's bubble dress

Matching bow

Harper doesn't like it. Can ya tell?




~

No comments: