Friday, December 31, 2010

Checkin' in on Harper


Our most recent appointment was the Tuesday before Christmas. I had to drink the "goo" that tells if I have gestational diabetes and I had been warned about it. Well someone lied to me! It was about 2 tablespoons of orange soda like liquid and it took me, oh well, 3 seconds to drink it. What were my results? I don't know yet. So I am assuming that no news is good news.

Speaking of good news, Harper is still doing well. She weighed 2 lbs 6 ounces. She was still breech, which the doctor said was fine this early on. However (and I could be wrong) I think she moved up last night and out of that position. We didn't know this but our doctor does a 3-D ultrasound, which she did on Tuesday. We were looking at the black and white screen and then all of the sudden: Bam! a baby. The unfortunate news was that the printer wouldn't work, so Kevin had to take a picture of the computer screen with his phone.



The photo isn't the clearest, but if you lean back, squint one eye, and hold your breath, hopefully you can make out a baby face. She is pouting and no, she does not have a hole in her head, that is the ultrasound machine.

Our next appointment is a week from today, Friday the 7th.



Also, on the Harper news front, we have finally decided on a middle name.......

Harper Belle

We love her name, in all it's southern glory (say it in a Paula Deen accent and you'll know what I'm talking about).



Also, she has moved more in the last 8 hours than ever before in her little life. I think she is throwing a block party down there or something. Neither baby or mama slept much last night, and in turn, neither did daddy. Oops!

But even still, it is such a blessing to feel a healthy, active little girl, no matter how much commotion she makes.


~

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the middle name!
Also, I didn't think the "goo" tasted bad at all.