Well I agree. And let me tell you, that stack of books makes me mad.
And ashamed.
Why, you ask. Let me tell you why. That stack of books is something that I discovered this week. A discovery that makes me bow my head in shame. Those are the books that I OWN, that I have NOT read. I have either started them and not finished, or never even opened them. Yes, I know, I am a READING teacher. I am a person who tells children to finish what they start, to not give up, to read, read, read. And here I am with a mini-library of unread books!
I have removed them from the dark corners in which they were hidden and placed them out in the open. I will not rest until they are ALL read. Also, I will not purchase or check out a single book until I am finished. With you and the rest of the world wide web as my witness, those books WILL be read.
No comments:
Post a Comment